Sunday, June 19, 2011

Never Enough Time

WOW! It's been quite some time since I last updated my blog. Actually it's been way too long. It seems like every time I would sit down to write something it would all come out negative so I would stop. But after quite some time I realized it's okay.
I don't have to pretend that Gary's impending deployment is a happy time, because it's not. However, that being said, we are definitely making the most of the time we do have left.


Gary and I went on a wonderful weekend getaway as a couple. We missed the girls dearly but it was great to be able to get a way as a couple. Thank you SO much to my dear friend Jessica for encouraging me to do that. And thank you to my wonderful parents for keeping the girls for the weekend.


Father's Day was wonderful also. Gary's AWESOME surprise the girls got him will be here on Tuesday. He's hoping for a Camaro so he may be a weee bit disappointed but I know he'll like what they got anyway.


I am busy working on Gary's send off party. It will definitely be one to remember. I've always loved planning parties....not so much this one but again trying to make the best of it all.


I know I need to be strong for the girls. It's hard but God has given me so much amazing strength and I hope it continues. Piper tells me on a weekly basis that she doesn't her Daddy to go be a soldier. I do know she is very worried about him getting hurt. I told her all she needed to do was pray and that God would keep him safe and this was her prayer "Dear God, please send ALL your angels with Daddy and keep him safe, Amen." I just love her sweet spirit and caring heart. Our girls are our everything.


So again, in closing, we make the most of each and everyday until deployment. We've actually always done that after almost losing Payton. We are never guaranteed tomorrow and we should live life each day to the fullest and with no regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment